Monday, January 31, 2011

Mountain Home - Lydia, Virginia 

If you continue west on Route 33 for about 150 yards past the "wash house," you will see this old house. The mountain rises sharply behind the house which sits on a steep bank above the road. In the summer when the leaves are on the trees, it is easy to miss, but somebody keeps the yard around the house cleared. One day, the house will be reclaimed by the mountains, or, more likely, torn down to make way for Route 33 to be expanded to four lane.

2 comments :

  1. Loads of character in this old place. Is anybody living there? Have you ever ventured inside to take some photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that the house is occupied. I have never seen any signs of life around the old place. It would be very interesting to see the inside--I am going to try to make some inquiries to see if I can find out how owns the property. Perhaps I can get in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.