Thursday, January 13, 2011

Small building beside the Scuppernong River - Columbia, North Carolina 


This small building in Columbia, North Carolina is not an architectural treasure, but it was interesting and I stopped to photograph it. I took one exposure with the Pentax MX on black and white film, and a couple of digital exposures with the Pentax K10D. All shots were taken from about the same position.

The digital black and white was converted in Adobe Camera Raw from the same file as the color version above. The film version was shot on Fuji Acros 100 and scanned. I prefer film for black and white work, but am surprised at how similar the digital and film versions are. The film version has a slight edge in my opinion. And I like the color version better than I thought I would. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on how the digital images compare to the film image. 


Digital Black and White


Film Black and White

2 comments :

  1. I like the color...surprise!
    Enjoy your shots of this area of NC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed my visits to northeastern NC and hope to return soon for some more photography in Tyrrell and Washington counties. It is a beautiful area, and largely unmarred by "modern" development.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.