Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Sunrise - Ruckersville, Virginia

I stopped on my way to work one morning last week to take this picture. The sun was just above the horizon and the eastern sky was tinged with red. A trace of snow on the ground made the morning seem colder as I walked through the frosty grass to stand by the fence. All was quiet; the cows were in the barn waiting for the sun to dispel the cold shadows in the field. It was a lovely morning, and I was tempted to stay and watch the light change as the sun came up, but it was very cold, and I had to get to work.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.