Monday, January 3, 2011

Frozen edge - Greene Mountain Lake, Virginia 

House-keeping

Welcome to Photography In Place for 2011. Here in the Blue Ridge Mountains, my wife and I had a quiet Christmas and New Year at home in front of the fire.

The new year is a time for house-keeping, and we have planned a few changes.

I am possibly the last person on the planet to get on Facebook, but I finally took the plunge at the urging of my daughter in Colorado. You will notice that there is a Facebook "like" button on the bottom of each post, which will make it easy for Facebook members to share favorite Photography In Place posts with their friends. Also, in the sidebar is a link to the new Photography In Place Facebook page.

Also this year, I will be adding label to each post. The labels represent categories such as "barns" or "urban architecture" that will make it easier to find related posts. By clicking on a label, you will be able to see all of the posts that share that label. This is a standard feature of most blogging software, so this is nothing new. I have not used labels in the past because I thought they sort of cluttered up the bottom of the post, but as the Photography In Place archive of posts grows, I think this feature will be helpful. I am in the process of labeling last year's posts.


We will continue to post regularly at 8 am Monday through Friday, with an occasional weekend post. Thanks for reading Photography In Place, and I hope you will visit often in 2011.

2 comments :

  1. Love the images and I'm looking forward to the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to this year also, and am very appreciative of regular readers like you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.