Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Winter field and barn - Greene County, Virginia 

After the bluebird flew off (see yesterday's post below), I continued my walk in the snow.The path through a narrow strip of woods led me to the edge of a field, and the barn in the picture above.

As a general rule, I know before I bring the camera to my eye if I am taking a black and white or a color picture. Of course, when I am shooting black and white film, there is no question about this, but even when I am shooting with the digital camera, I am thinking of the picture in either black and white or in color. I saw this field and barn in the snow as a black and white, and shot it with the intention of converting to black and white in Photoshop.

But when I got this picture on my computer screen, I found that I liked the color version better, even though in the field I thought of this as a black and white picture. The subdued colors seemed to match the feel of that late afternoon in the snow, and the cold winter light.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.