Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Honeysuckle

Yesterday morning I walked outside with the camera. I do that quite often, and over the years have taken thousands of photographs in my yard. It would be the work of a lifetime to document the  individual species of plants and animals that live on this small plot of land, for observation arouses curiosity. What will this plant look like on this Monday morning, the sky pale with clouds and rain in the air? What changes are wrought by weather and the seasons, by cultivation and by neglect? What grows old? What's new?

It is all utterly commonplace. And I never get tired of looking.


Coneflower


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.