Monday, July 25, 2011

Window and Chair - North Carolina - 1975 

This picture was taken around 1975 on a trip to visit my aunt and uncle in North Carolina. I found this old house in a field near their house.  ( See here for a picture of the exterior.) The broken chair reminds me of the ladder-back chairs in my grandparent's house which may be why I took the picture. That, and the empty expanse of unpainted wall sheltering a forgotten history.

This week, for a change, we are going to be looking at black and white photos from the "archive." Although I do sometimes convert digital photos to black and white, the pictures for this week were all shot on film. This one was shot on Kodak Plus-X.

3 comments :

  1. I can hear the creaking of the floor and smell the dry rotting wood. Well done Edd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love B&W photos, but there is something about B&W film images that digital photos cannot duplicate. This is a great example of that. Love this image and the outside view as well... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Glenn, and I couldn't agree more that there is something about the look of film in black and white that digital cannot match. I would never go back to shooting color film, but when I want to work in B&W, I get out the film cameras.

    Have to admit though, that after spending nearly an hour spotting this negative, digital does have its attractions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.