Monday, August 1, 2011

Demolition Derby - Greene County Fair 

The Greene County Fair starts this week, and yesterday morning I drove over to the fairgrounds to see the preparations. A demolition derby was held on Saturday night. On Sunday morning this car was sitting by the road in front of the fairgrounds. I am not sure if it is the winner or the loser, but either way, I feel certain that its competitive days are over.

I have never attended a demolition derby myself, so I can't tell you much about it, but they are a perennial favorite at county fairs. There is an article on Wikipedia here about the history of the sport, but after looking at this mangled car, I am not sure I want to know any more.

2 comments :

  1. The Uglypaintedandbadlydentedoldcar

    During the summer months these types of cars spring up all over America during fair season but are usually gone come fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, that's a good description. And I hope you are right that these wrecks will be gone by Fall--none too soon for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.