Friday, August 19, 2011

Lafayette Inn - 1840 - Stanardsville, Virginia 

One evening last week I took a ten minute walk around Stanardsville and took a few pictures while waiting for a pizza to be ready. The photo above is the back of the Lafayette Inn. The front faces Main Street (US 33), but I liked this picture because of the way the late evening sun slants across the road.

One of the things I find interesting about small towns is how often the rural landscape begins just a block or two from the main street of town. I was standing behind the jail house ( see yesterday's post) when I took the picture below. This stone gatepost is one of a pair at the entrance to long driveway.


Both of these pictures, along with the pictures of the courthouse and jail in yesterday's post were taken with the Nikon P7000.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.