Thursday, August 4, 2011

Female Eastern Tiger Swallowtail - Papilio Glaucus
Several weeks ago there was an article in the local paper about an up-coming butterfly count. The idea of trying to count butterflies makes my head hurt, but the North American Butterfly Association sponsors yearly butterfly counts throughout the country in order to monitor butterfly populations, provide an enjoyable activity for members and promote public interest in butterflies.

My wife offered several of her butterfly photographs to illustrate this post. She likes to tease me that I have all this expensive camera equipment just to take pictures.  These lovely butterflies were photographed with her cell-phone.

Spicebush Swallowtail - Papilio troilus

2 comments :

  1. Very nice images, I would never have guessed cellphone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, guess it just goes to show that it is the photographer, not the camera.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.